Food can bring health or sickness depending on your eating habits. Inadequate helping and wrong food mixtures leads to malnutrition. Good nutrition is not optional but a basic human need and a
fundamental human right. Therefore it’s essential for all people individually
and collectively to care for their nutrition. Global Food and nutrition security
for the 9 billion by 2050 is the goal of all the world’s nations
- Body building in growing children and young people
- To get energy for daily activities for all people
- For maintenance and repair in adults
- To stop hunger
- To fulfill routine
- Distribution :Frequency: Eat 3 balanced meals + 2 snacks Daily
- Contents: Eat balanced/diversified meals which provides all the nutrients required by the body.
- Amount: eat enough/adquate to provide the body with the Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA) of all the essential nutrients.
- Clean Drinking Water: At least 8 glasses / person/ day taken 20 minutes after a meal, to avoid diluting digestive enzymes.
- Refreshing and body cleansing
- Age therapy
The family farm should therefore provide the following 6 key food groups for food and nutrition security achievement.
- Food production: Diversify production to ensure that all the above six groups are available on the family farm in order to provide the 7 essential nutrients.
- Breastfeeding: Sole breast feeding of infants for the first 6 months excluding even water. This alone has been observed to reduce child mortality by 13% which is line with millennium development goals. Breastfeeding should then continue for two years during the period in which alternatives are introduced gradually.
- Expectant mothers: intervention benefits both mother and child.
- Lactating Mothers: ’’
- Nutrition education for school children in order to develop the culture early
- Food security for all people including the toothless aged. You cannot say there is food security for this category of citizens when the only food available is maize and beans.