- Farm planning Advisory Services.
- Modern Briquettes Making Machines sold at fair prices.
- Training Groups on Dairy Farming
- Training Groups on Charcoal Briquettes Making.
- Training Groups on Yoghurt making
Cabbage, Broccoli, Cauliflower & other greens farming manual
Food processing and value addition manual
Passion Fruit Farming Manual
- Varieties suitable for growing in Kenya
- Areas Suitable for passion fruit growing in kenya
- Capital investment and Returns per acre
- Marketing, Exporters and market survey
- Planting and farm layout
- Pests and their control
- Diseases and their control
- Post planting orchard management
- Business plan preparation
- Farm Records and accounts
Strawberry Farming Manual
1. Varieties suitable for growing in Kenya
2. Areas suitable for strawberry growing
3. Capital investment &Returns per acre
4. Marketing and market survey
5. Planting strawberry and farm layout
6. Use of rooting Hormone
7. Pest /diseases and their control
8. Post planting orchard management
9. Post harvest fruit treatment
10. Strawberry seed viability
11. Business plan preparation
12. Farming records and accounts.
We normally email the manual to you after payment thro Mpesa. The Manual is an eye opener to beginners and entrepreneurs in strawberry farming. It makes easy planning, specific information sourcing and project implementation. Order your Copy Now!
SUCCESS OF KENYAN YOUTH IN AGRIBUSINESS
|Geoffrey waits for tomato buyers|
Geoffrey practices agriculture with a difference employing youthful energy, enthusiasm and Knowledge attained from an Agricultural Training Institution and Business Studies, to develop his agribusiness. Geoffrey markets his tomatoes in
Geoffrey extensively uses his mobile phone to source for agriculture information, receive orders and SMS his customers information when produce is ready. The use of ICT gives him comparative advantage in the Farming business.He has branded His produce ''Red Carpet''. Geoffrey says he has no regrets and earns a decent living from his tomato and capsicum farming business. He attributes his success to determination, hard work, availability of his grandfather's shallow well , encouragement from youth Agro-Enviroment Initiative , his parents and siblings.He has big plans ahead to own additional land in order to expand his farming business, a mansion in a premium area of
- Varieties common growing in Kenya
- Tomato Climatic requirements
- Yields of common Varieties of tomatoes
- Open field Tomato farming
- Greenhouse tomato Farming
- Types of Green Houses
- Greenhouse suppliers in Kenya
- Advantages of Greenhouse tomato Farming
- Spacing Greenhouse Tomatoes
- Plant vigour management
- Greenhouse hygiene procedures
- Capital investment &Returns
- Pests and their Control
- Diseases and their control
- Post planting crop management
- Farming Records
|Sarah shows watham butternut seed|
Previously the young farmer used to grow low yielding field beans. Sarah consulted youth agro-environment initiative for planning her 1/4 acre piece of land. She's is currently growing butternut squash which are more profitable, planning to start multiplying disease free potato seed on a different piece of land, for sale to farmers in suitable areas.
|Sarah also multiplies potato seed and sells to farmers in suitable areas|
Kiarie Charles Urban Farm
You can save up to Ksh 7,300 vegetable cost per year using Multi-Storey Bag Garden. Most people buy 20 bob vegetables daily. 20x365=7300.You can also plant the vegetables which are popular in your area for income. I ‘m planning to expand my farm as I have experienced the benefits. Below is how to do it:-
|Mwenda on his farm|
Martin is a young farmer from
The Micro-agribusiness assists Samuel to meet most of his student basic needs. He desires to buy more land after completing his studies with a goal of expanding the agribusiness for better profits, inspiring the youth to get involved in farming for employment creation and livelihood improvement.
|Morris in the farm|
a young Kenyan farmer.
I partner with youth Agro-Environment initiative for publicity of my Seedlings Business and
I have experienced the benefits.
The varieties include tomatoes, capsicum(green,red,yellow varieties).
I also supply herbs seedlings such as basil,parsley,mint,thyme,oregano,moringa,celery,stevia
I partner with youth Agro-Environment initiative for publicity of my Farming Business .
Youth in agribusiness activities
Fellow farmers in Western Kenya who may come across your informative website looking for pedigree goats may contact me. My request is that you can give them my contacts as I have high quality breeding stock for sale.
I would also like to hear about the experiences from fellow goats farmers in Kiambu and other counties all over Kenya. I am also interested in growing tissue culture banana for farm enterprise diversification and income generation.
- Farm planning advisory Services.
- Modern Briquettes Making Machines sold at fair prices.
- Training groups on dairy farming.
- Training groups on charcoal briquettes making.
- Training Groups on Yoghurt Making.
- Biogas installation
- Special group training on request.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries
What are ?
|0UR BRIQUETTE MACHINE DESIGN|
|BRIQUETTE MAKING SESSION|
|Making of Charcoal Briquettes making |
|COVER EVERY OPENING IMMEDIATELY SMOKE CLEARS|
|PLACING THE KILN ON FIRE PLACE|
|LOADING THE DRUM KILN|
|DRUM KILN FOR BURNING BIOMASS INTO CARBON|
You can save by making fuel briquettes for use in your own home cooking in addition to generating income by selling excess briquettes to your neighborhood. Making fuel briquettes can be a sustainable green business since most of the raw materials used in the technology are almost free. Your customers will be happy to buy cheap, clean fuel . Your neighborhood will be happy with your green business for helping keep their environment clean.
Biomass as Source
Biomass as a renewable energy source is defined as biological material from living, or recently living organisms. In many countries, people are growing crops and keeping animals. The waste from crops and animals are biomassmaterial that can be used in making fuel briquettes. Agricultural waste materials such as rice husk, coffee husk, coir pith, jute sticks, bagasse (sugarcane waste), shells, sawdust, mustard stalks, cotton stalks, maize/corn, wheat husk, cattle waste, grass, dry leaves and cassava can all be used in making fuel briquettes.
Green energy Briquettes: Fuel for Stoves and Boilers
Fuel briquettes are blocks of compressed coal dust, charcoal dust, sawdust, wood chips or biomass, and are used as fuel briquettes in stoves and boilers. Smokeless charcoal briquettes are made from carbonized or pyrolysed materials. Fuel Briquettes made from materials that have not been carbonized are a bit smoky.
1.Green recipes for charcoal briquettes making technology
2. Green recipes for charcoal briquettes making technology
3. Recipe for Charcoal Briquettes making technology
4. Recipes for charcoal briquettes making technology
5. Recipe for charcoal briquettes making technology
6. Recipes for charcoal briquettes making technology
Energy Saving Cookers Installation
John has founded Smart Works Company dealing with energy saving stoves. The main challenge faced by this company is high cost of transportation of the products to the market.
Sweet yellow passion Farm Tour
|Young farmers examine sweet yellow passion fruit plants|
7.Question and answer service
Are you wondering where you can buy quality seedlings?
Are you interested in visiting an existing farm?
Youth Agro-environmental initiative
Young Generation in
Inform, educate and give skill to the young people in agribusiness.
Promote the use of ICT in agriculture for efficiency.
Promote agriculture value chain development for profitability.
Promote environment conservation for sustainability of Agriculture industry.
Issues we address
Youth unemployment in Kenya
Absence of young generation in agriculture value chain activities
Food insecurity in Kenya
Inadequate use of ICT in agriculture in Kenya
Poor returns from agriculture activities in Kenya
Environment degradation leading to un-sustainable agribusiness.
Drug and substance abuse among young Kenyans.
Our programs and activities
Information dissemination: strategies
Disseminate modern agriculture information through:
Our blog: Yagrein.blospot.com
Face Book:Kenyan youth in Agriculture
Training in innovative agriculture .
Packaging agribusiness information in CD’s and DVD’s.
Present papers in National, Regional and International Conferences/Workshops/Seminars.
Young unemployed or under-employed people.
College & university students.
Secondary school students
Our Products and Services
Our Executive Committee includes agronomists, animal scientists and agribusiness development advisers among others.